Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Chapter 47

Blade entered Ice’s room. Ice was sitting on the floor with his face buried in his arms.
“What’s wrong?” Blade asked, kneeling beside him.
“I can’t do it again. I can’t bear another child for him. Isn’t five enough? Surely one of the must have been a boy?”


Blade sat back on his heels. It was true Ice had born five children: two girls and three boys. Unfortunately, his Master had insisted on making sure Ice was pregnant as often as possible. Blade cautiously embraced the younger vampire. He felt him tense up at his touch before relaxing.
“I wish I could help you. He wants as many children as you can bear. I think if you consented to sleep with him, he might relent.”
          “Never. I will never consent to him. I hate him. He’s imprisoned me, raped me and forced me to bear his children. How could I willingly go to him?” Ice spat out.
Blade ran his hand through Ice’s long white hair. He could feel his body responding to his proximity. A glance at Brutus showed the other vampire watching impassively. He kissed the top of Ice’s head, wishing he could offer more comfort than his arms.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment