Monday, August 20, 2012

Chapter 45

Onyx approached Aaron as he sat on the beach. “You’ve been gone all day.”
“I had a lot to think about.”
“Come to any conclusions?”
        Aaron nodded. “I need help. I’ll go to therapy and get into rehab. I don’t like feeling like this. If something were to happen to me, my parents would gain custody of my daughters and I don’t want that to happen.”
Onyx draped his arm around Aaron’s shoulders. “You won’t have to do it alone. I’ll be there to hold your hand.”
“Thanks, I’m going to need your help.”
Onyx smiled, “Anytime, Aaron.”
Aaron stared into Onyx’s face and parted his lips. Onyx moved closer and brushed Aaron’s lips with his own. Aaron pushed him away.
“No, I can’t. I need to heal first before I can even think about starting another relationship.”
Onyx pulled away disappointed. “I understand.”
-----------------------------------------
 
Over the next two years, Onyx drove Aaron to one therapist after another. He lost track of all the meeting they’d attended. Then one day a letter came in the mail.

Dear Mr. King,
It has come to my attention that you are seeking a therapist to assist you with your substance abuse problem. I am interested in meeting you to determine if your situation meets my requirements for being taken on as a patient. I deal in with very special types of problems. Indications are that you meet those criteria.
Dr. Tory Walters, M.D.

After some thought, Aaron agreed to make an appointment. Onyx drove him.
“Do you want me to come in with you?”
Aaron shook his head.


No comments:

Post a Comment