Sunday, August 19, 2012

Chapter 42

Onyx hit him. He couldn’t help it. He grabbed Aaron and shoved him up against the wall. “Listen, you drunken idiot, I don’t know what’s going through your booze-soaked brain, but I have never harmed any children. If this is about last night, you were the one who seduced me.”
“Really,” Aaron sneered, “then why are my thighs bruised?”
“I had to grab onto something. Your thighs were there.”
“You’re lying. I would never screw you. Never.”
“I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt since you were upset about the anniversary of Ice’s disappearance, but I asked you to stop, repeatedly.”
Aaron’s anger crumbled with the reminder of what day it was. He buried his face in Onyx’s shirt. Onyx sighed and held him while he wept. When Aaron had calmed down a bit, Onyx guided him back into his bedroom and tucked him into bed. “Go to sleep, Aaron, you’ll feel better in the morning.”
“I need a drink.”
“You don’t need a drink.”
“Onyx, will you stay with me tonight? I don’t want to be alone.”
“I need to tuck the kids into bed, but I’ll come back later.” Onyx collected the empty bottle, turned out the light and left. He hoped that Aaron would fall asleep before he came back.
Two hours later, he entered the bedroom. It was quiet and he moved to leave. “Onyx? Is that you?” Aaron called sleepily.
“I didn’t mean to wake you.”
“I wasn’t really sleeping. Please stay.”
“Fine, but you keep your hands to yourself.” Onyx slipped into bed, fully clothed. Aaron curled up beside him. He wrapped his arms around the younger man and held him until they both fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment