Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Chapter 33

A few months later, Blade was reading the latest medical journal on the couch when Brutus sat beside him.
“Did you want something?” he asked, turning to look at the Master’s premier enforcer.
“The Master mentioned that you have been disrespectful to him. He suggested I remind you of the proper courtesies.”
“You mean torture and rape me.”
‘I’d really rather not have to do that to you.”
“Meaning?”
“Meaning: I give you a few nasty-looking, highly visible bruises and we both pretend I beat you to a bloody pulp.”
“Okay. Not that I’m complaining, but why?”
He turned away and turned on the TV. It was obvious that Brutus did not want to continue this conversation, but Blade was curious. Brutus had never refused an opportunity to hurt people, so why now? He couldn’t possibly be falling for Blade, could he? But before he could pursue the topic, a scream of anguish came from the cell. A quick look, using the cameras, showed that Ice was in labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment