Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Chapter 98

   Aaron stormed into the house. He was furious. He couldn’t believe that his sister had invited their parents over. His stomach heaved.
   Aaron rushed to the toilet and knelt there for a while.
   Blade came in to the bathroom. “Are you okay?”
   “Yes. No. I don’t know.”
   “What happened tonight? I thought you were going to your son’s birthday party.”
   “I was. My sister decided to invite some surprise guests.”
   “Really? Who?”
   “Our parents and younger brother. I didn’t even know I had a younger brother. How could she do that to me?”
   Blade sat beside him and pulled him into an embrace. “I’m sorry. How old is your brother?”
   “I don’t know. Late teens I think. They certainly didn’t waste any time replacing me,” Aaron finished bitterly.
   “Aaron, love, no one could replace you. And your parents are fools for even trying.”
   “Thanks, Blade. You know what’s funny? He’s pregnant. My younger brother is pregnant. My father beat me and threw me out of the house with nothing for just kissing a guy and he’s pregnant.”
   “What are you going to do about it?”
   Aaron sighed, “I don’t know. I’d like to help him, but I don’t know how he’d react to this.” His gesture took in the house, the vampires, his three lovers and all the children.
   Blade laughed softly. “It is a bit much to take in at once. Still we could certainly give him money and arrange for an apartment for him to live in. He doesn’t have to stay here. In addition, we could arrange an adoption.”
-------

   The next morning, Aaron was woken up by his phone. He fumbled for it. “Hello?” he answered groggily.
   “Have you seen Austin?” his sister demanded.
   “What? No. Why?” He sat up, alarmed at the concern in her voice. Blade made a sound of protest as he was disturbed. Aaron ran his hand soothingly down the other’s back.
   “He ran away last night. The police say that he has to be missing for entire day before they can do anything. I thought maybe he had contacted you.”
   “No. I don’t know anything about his disappearance.” He hesitated and then suggested, “Maybe he ran away because of the baby. Maybe he wanted to keep it.”
   “Why would he do that? It’s disgusting.”
   “I don’t know, maybe he loves the guy.”
   “I don’t believe that. Austin has always been a good boy. He could never have voluntarily been intimate with a man. Never.”
   “Well he isn’t here, Ariel. I don’t know what to tell you.” 
   “If you see him, let us know, Aaron. He’s just a child.”
   “I can’t promise that. I’d have to know why he left first.”
   “That’s not important. He has a fiancée waiting for him at home. Do you know how humiliating it would be for her for her fiancé to run off with another man?”
   “No, Ariel, I don’t know. I don’t care about her either. He shouldn’t marry her if he doesn’t love her.”
   “I can’t believe you’re taking his side. I thought you supported the cause.” Ariel hung up with a loud click.
   “What was that all about?” Blade wanted to know.
   “Austin ran away.”
   “Are we going to look for him?”
   Aaron thought about that. “No, but if I see him, I’ll try to talk to him. Get his side of the story. I wish him the best of luck.”

No comments:

Post a Comment