Saturday, October 6, 2012

Chapter 88


   Aaron sat on his bed. He couldn’t believe that his sister had been on TV, publicly attacking his lover. He had thought that maybe he could come out to her, tell her about his lovers. Now he knew he could never tell her, never let her into his life. He would have to hide his lovers and children from his sister forever. There would be, could be no compromising. He picked up the phone and with trembling fingers he called Maricela.
   He waited for her in the park. A public place was good. It was good that he was seen in public with a girl. She sat down next to him.
   “I was surprised that you called. The way you’ve been avoiding me, I thought you didn’t like me.” She ran a teasing finger up his thigh.
   “I don’t. I want to make a deal.”
   “A deal? Interesting. I’m listening.”
   “I want you to pretend to be my girlfriend in public.”
   “What do I get out of it?”
 
   Aaron stared at the fountain. “What do you want?”
   She smiled. “If I’m your girlfriend, that means I’ll have to touch you, kiss you. Especially if you want people to believe it.” She leaned closer. “I want more. I want you in my bed. I want your child.”
   He closed his eyes. He had known that she might demand sex. He hated the thought of cheating on his lovers. He couldn’t admit they existed. Numbly he nodded. “I can’t be with you every night. I have other obligations.”
   “I understand. You come to the PPP meetings and spend those nights with me and a couple of dates during the week. How does that sound?”
   “Fine. Whatever.”
   She leaned over and kissed him. “Don’t worry, I won’t tell your sister about your boyfriend.”
   “What?”
   “I’m not stupid. I can tell you’re pregnant. That means you have a boyfriend. I don’t care. I’ve known Ariel long enough to know that she would care. She would hate knowing that her beloved older brother was a filthy herm. Please me and she’ll never know. Don’t…”
   Aaron had gone pale during her speech. His relationship with his sister depended on pleasing this woman sitting beside him. He felt his stomach heave. He couldn’t sleep with her, but if he didn’t…
   “I have some free time now. Shall we seal our deal?”
   She took him by the hand and led him back to her apartment.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment