Thursday, October 25, 2012

Chapter 104

    Aaron was silent as Blade drove them home from the club. He was confused about what had happened. He wondered if Blade had used vampire wiles to persuade him to have sex with his brother-in-law. He shifted in his seat.
   “Are you okay?”
   “Sure. I just wish I knew what happened last night.”
   “How many children do you have? Surely you know by now what happened?” Blade laughed.
   “That’s not what I meant, fang face, and you know it. I don’t know why I had sex with Matt.”
   “Can you honestly tell me you’ve never thought about it before?”
   “Can’t you give me a straight answer?”
   “You’re avoiding the question, Aaron. I know I’m a slut and I don’t care. Vampires aren’t real big on monogamy. You, however, are. There’s no way I could have ‘convinced’ you to do anything you didn’t want to do. So…”
   “Fine. I’m attracted to him,” Aaron shot back nettled at the vampire. He hadn’t wanted to admit that he was attracted to Matt. There were certain unspoken rules and one of them was: ‘Thou shalt not lust after your sibling’s spouse.’ “Sorry, Blade. I just feel guilty about it. I cheated on Ice and Onyx, I had sex with a married man, I had sex with my sister’s husband. Anyone of those is reason enough to feel guilty.”
   Blade sighed, “I don’t know what to tell you. I’ll talk to Ice. Onyx won’t care as much.”
   “How do you know?”
   The vampire concentrated on the road. “Because I’ve taken him there before and we’ve enjoyed the company of some of the professionals working there.”
   “You cheated?”
   “Yes.”
   “So why were you mad at me before?”
   “I don’t care about the sex. I was mad because you lied about it and you were drinking again.”
   Aaron let the conversation drop. There was nothing he could say to defend his earlier actions. He’d cheated and had a child with another woman. Ice still hadn’t completely forgiven him for that and now Aaron had cheated again.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment