Thursday, October 4, 2012

Chapter 86

  Onyx rolled his eyes. “You’re imagining things. She’s a stranger, who has way too much time on her hands.”
  Ice stretched. “Is that the last of it?”
  Onyx nodded. “The only thing left to do is dodge to press outside.”
  Ice swore softly. The last thing he wanted to do was talk to the press. He loved to write, but he hated the trappings that came with being a best-selling author. If Onyx wasn’t there to manage the public, Ice probably would have snapped. He glanced at his lover and felt his lips soften in small smile. “Have I told you how much I love you?” he asked.
  Onyx looked at him surprised. He gave Ice an answering smile. “Not lately. What brought that on?”
  “I just realized how much I rely on you to handle the public and press. You just saw that I needed an assistant and took on those tasks in addition to caring for our home and children. Thank you.”
  He leaned over and brushed his lips against Onyx’s.
  “You’re welcome, but are you sure you want to indulge in public displays. That kiss will probably be all over the news.” He nodded toward the windows where the paparazzi were busy snapping pictures.
  “I don’t care. I’ve never tried to hide my preferences, as long as you don’t mind being outed.”
  “No. Shall we go face the ravening horde outside?”
  Ice laughed and offered his arm. “Come, Sancho, let’s go slay some windmills.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment