Monday, July 23, 2012

Chapter 7


        Ice went into his bedroom and scrounged around in his dresser for some clothes for Aaron. He picked them up and placed them on Aaron’s bed before getting in the shower. He sincerely hoped that his guest would like them. Ice walked out of the bathroom to find Aaron standing in his bedroom dressed in his new clothing.

        “I trust you like your clothing?”

        “Yes, thank you, although, I’ve never worn white before.”

        Ice shrugged, “First time for everything. Now if you will excuse me I must get to work.”

        “What do you do?”

        “I am a writer.”

        “Really? What do you write?”

        Ice hesitated, “Romance novels.”
       
 “You’re joking.” Aaron was clearly struggling not to laugh. Ice scowled and sat down at his computer to work. “Do you mind if I watch TV?”


        Ice shook his head, “No, it won’t bother me.” Soon Ice was immersed in trying to make his hero stop being a complete jerk and actually make him a sympathetic character.

        That was how the rest of the week went. Ice would sleep all day and work all night. Aaron would sleep at night and spend his days watching TV or reading. The brief hours they both were awake were spent ignoring each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment