Monday, July 30, 2012

Chapter 21


        Aaron was busy tending his garden one night when Ice joined him. He glanced at his husband. Ever since Ice’s friends had arrived, Ice had been tense and withdrawn. Every gesture of affection Aaron had made had been coldly rebuffed. He dug his spade into the earth with more force than absolutely. The sexual frustration was becoming unbearable. It didn’t help that Aaron hadn’t conceived the day Ice’s friends had arrived.

        “Aaron, we need to talk.”

        “I have nothing to say to you.”

        “You are angry. I suppose you have every right to be.”


        “Yes, I’m angry. You promised we would have another child, yet every time I try to make that happen, you find some excuse not to have sex. You lied to me.”

        “Aaron, I, I am pregnant.”

        Aaron spun around and looked at him. “You are? Really? That’s great. I’m sorry I’ve been so angry at you.”


        Ice pulled away when Aaron reached out to hug him. “It is not yours,” he said flatly.

        Aaron let his hands fall to his side. “What do you mean it isn’t mine?”

        “What do you think I mean? I am not carrying your child. I had sex with Onyx. It is his child and he is carrying my child.”

        “You—you—you and Onyx are having children together,” Aaron whispered devastated. “How could you do this to me? In my house? In my bed?” His voice shook as he fought desperately not to cry. “I thought you loved me.”

        “I do love you. She, Snow, made me have sex with him,” Ice whispered.

        “She made you? How could she make you betray me?” Aaron yelled at him.
Ice just looked at him, his face a mask. “She Made me. I am not strong enough to refuse her commands. I thought I was, but it turns out I was wrong,” he hesitated not meeting Aaron’s eyes, “Aaron, you are carrying Onyx’s child as well.”

“I’m what?! That isn’t possible. I would remember having sex with him. I haven’t had sex with anyone since they arrived.”
“She made you do it. She made me watch Onyx rape you,” for the first time Ice’s voice shook with emotion. “I had to watch.” Aaron stared unbelieving as tears began to fall down Ice’s cheeks. Ice had never, ever, in the three years he had known him, shown that much emotion. Aaron reached out to brush the tears away. Ice looked at him with such misery, such pain in his eyes that Aaron instantly forgave him for his betrayal.

“I love you, Ice, I forgive you.” Aaron pulled his husband into his arms. Ice resisted for a moment before burying his head in Aaron’s shoulder. His shoulders shook with his sobs. Aaron gently stroked his hair, his own tears falling silently to mingle with Ice’s.

“What are we going to do?”

“Nothing. We can do nothing. She wants the children. Once they are born, she has said she will leave.”

“All the children?”

“No, our daughters are safe for now.”

No comments:

Post a Comment