Saturday, September 29, 2012

Chapter 81

      Ice looked up as Aaron walked in. He hadn’t come home for dinner or called. “Where have you been?”
      Aaron shook his head. “I don’t want to talk about it.”     
      “You didn’t call and you were ignoring your phone. We were worried.”
      “What happened? You draw the short straw to see who would wait up for me?”
      “Have you been drinking?”
      “No.” Aaron sighed and rubbed his temple. “I have a headache. I’m going to bed.”
      “Not until you tell me where you were.” Ice grabbed his wrist.
      “I said I don’t want to talk about it. Can we just drop the subject? Please?”
      “Aaron, what’s wrong?” Ice asked softly as he released him.
      “Nothing. Everything.”
      Ice studied his lover. They had been together for nearly twenty years. Granted there was a break in the middle, but since it was involuntary, neither one of them counted it. He knew something was wrong. “The doctor called. He said you forgot to schedule your next appointment when you left earlier. Are you sick?”
      Aaron stared at him then shook his head with a tired laugh. “No, not really. I’m pregnant.”
      Ice blinked. “Are you sure?”
      “The doctor is. The paternity test will probably be scheduled in two months.”
      “I’m sorry.” He walked over and wrapped his arms around the younger man. “I love you. When you’re ready to talk, I’ll be ready to listen.”
      Aaron rested his head on Ice’s shoulder. “Thank you.”
      Ice scooped him and carried him to bed. They cuddled in the darkness until they finally drifted off to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment