Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Chapter 71

Aaron frowned as he pulled into the drive. Blade’s car was parked inside which meant he was home. He had enjoyed spending time alone with Ice, well as alone as they could get with eighteen kids in the house. It was nice not having to compete for Ice’s attention. He wondered how Ice would react to the suggestion that Onyx and Blade move out.

He walked out to his garden and began to weed. Here it was nice and peaceful. Plants were much easier to relate to than people. Especially handsome aqua vampires who could inspire such deliciously wicked thoughts with just a smile. Aaron squelched those thoughts. He was not attracted to Blade. He was in love with Ice. “I love Ice. I don’t love Blade,” he muttered to himself, tugging on one particular stubborn weed.
“Here let me help.” A pair of pale hands covered his own and effortlessly pulled the weed out.
Aaron looked into Ice’s pale grey eyes. In the evening light, they glowed with an inner light. Aaron felt his body harden with desire. It was hard to believe that they had been together for half his life. The vampire smiled slightly pleased at his reaction.
“Did you want something?” Aaron asked crossly as he looked away.
“Blade and Onyx are back. Onyx is carrying Blade’s child.”
“That’s nice. I’m glad Onyx found somebody instead of pining over me.”
“Be nice. Onyx took care of you and the children while I was…away.”
Aaron sighed. “I know. I just feel guilty for seducing him while drunk. I was taught that you had to be faithful to one partner. You’re my partner, my husband, I feel like I cheated on you. The thought of having sex with someone else makes me feel like such a slut. An adulterous slut.”
“It’s not adultery if I know about it and consent to it. I don’t care if you have sex with Onyx or Blade. I love them. I love you.”
“You love them? Since when?”
Ice shrugged and lay back on the grass. “I don’t know, but Blade and I had a talk before he left on vacation with Onyx. I’ve thought a lot about that conversation. He said a lot of things that made sense. I, we, have been taking advantage of Onyx’s good nature. He is not our maid or our nanny. He is our friend and the father of some of our children. He deserves to be treated better, like a part of this family, like our lover.” Ice took a deep breath. “I intend to share his bed. That means I won’t spend as much time with you.”
Aaron swallowed. “I don’t want you to. I don’t want you to be with anybody else.”
Ice said gently, “Blade wants to go away with you. He wants to bear your child and then he wants you to have another child with Onyx. If you want to save our relationship, I urge you to consider it. If you can’t, then I’m asking you to leave. I don’t want to lose you, but I can’t live like this anymore. You’re the one who invited them to live with us. You suggested that we become a foursome. Yet, you’re the only one who is unwilling to try to make it work. I’ve spent a great deal of time talking with Tory and working out my issues with Onyx and Blade. I’m willing to try. Please, love, try, for me?” Ice pleaded.
Aaron just stared at the plants until the vampire stood up and left. He couldn’t do what Ice wanted. He wasn’t a slut. He buried his face in his hands and wept as his heart broke.

No comments:

Post a Comment