Thursday, September 20, 2012

Chapter 72


Blade leaned against the counter watching Aaron wash the dishes. “The plane leaves for France tomorrow. Are you going to be on it?”
Aaron shrugged. Blade considered him. The human had withdrawn from everyone since Blade and Onyx had returned home from France. Ice had said they’d had a fight, but he refused to expand on that. Blade reached out to brush the other man’s cheek. Aaron jerked away.
“Don’t.”
“Do you really hate me that much?” Blade asked softly.
Aaron closed his eyes. “I don’t know if hate is the right word. Ice said I had to lie with you and Onyx or leave here. Leave him. I hate you for making him fall in love with you. Everything was perfect. Why did you have to interfere?”
“I interfered on my Master’s orders. He was the one that ordered Ice’s kidnapping. I was merely my usual charming self. I wouldn’t have chased him under other circumstances.”
“So you say.”
“Aaron, come with me. Get to know me. Some place where there are no other distractions. No sex. Not unless you want it. I promise I won’t pressure you.”
 


No comments:

Post a Comment