Saturday, December 29, 2012

Chapter 150

   Byron massaged his aching back. “Well, k-kid, any m-moment you’ll b-be here,” he commented to his bulging stomach. “I m-must have b-been insane or d-drunk t-to agree t-to this again.”
   “Who are you talking to, ilharn?” Cedric, his oldest asked.
   “Your n-newest s-sibling.
   “Is it here?” Cedric’s eyes were wide. At five, he was old enough to understand a little bit about where babies come from. He’d be sort of aware the last time Byron had been pregnant with his third child, Cody.
   “N-no, n-not yet. D-do you want a b-brother or s-sister?”
   “A sister. I have enough brothers. They get into everything,” he complained.
   Byron laughed at that. “They d-do indeed. S-sisters aren’t mm-uch b-better, though. If you’re n-not c-careful you’ll b-be roped into p-playing house with them.”
   “And yet you’re still playing house,” a voice commented from the doorway.
   “Daddy! You’re home!” Cedric launched himself at his father, who laughed and swung him around.
   “I see you missed me.”
   “Uh-huh. Did you bring me anything?”
   “Yes. Myself.”
   “Daddy! That’s not what I meant.”
   “Tough, you’ll just have to be satisfied with it. It was a boring business trip.” Kory smiled at Byron, “Did you miss me?” he asked softly.
   “Yeah. I was hoping you’d g-get home b-before the b-baby arrived.”
   “Me, too.” Kory kissed him tenderly.
   That night Byron rested his head on his husband’s naked chest. “That was n-nice.”
   “Nice?! Nice?! That was more than just ‘nice’,” Kory pretended to be offended. “If you’re not careful I’ll show you more than nice.”
   “That’s f-fine. It’s a little awkward with the b-belly. D-did your b-business t-trip g-go okay?”
   “Yes. The contracts were agreed to and signed by all parties involved.”
   “Are you ever g-going t-to t-tell m-me what exactly your b-business is?”
   “It’s business. Boring business. I’d rather talk about what the kids were up to while I was gone.”
   “Oh, s-same old, s-same old. I will c-confess I’m g-glad Cedric g-goes to school n-now. I d-don’t think I c-could handle three b-boys at home all d-day any longer.”
   “Does that mean you’re hoping for a girl?”
   “It would b-be n-nce change of p-pace.”
   Before too long, Byron delivered his fourth child, a boy, Craig.

Cody King

Craig King

 

No comments:

Post a Comment