Monday, December 17, 2012

Chapter 140

   Byron slowly paced the room. He wrote the measurement down in his notebook. He awkwardly knelt to examine the floor. His belly caused his center of gravity to shift spilling him onto his side.
    “Byron, are you okay?” Kory rushed in, the picture of concern.
    “Y-yeah. I-I’ll be g-glad when the b-baby is b-born.”
   “You need to be more careful. What if you hurt yourself or the baby?” Kory rubbed his hand over Byron’s stomach. “What are you doing anyway?”
   “I-I thought we n-needed a n-nursery. For the b-baby.”
   His husband laughed. “You’re right. I hadn’t thought about that. What colors did you have in mind?”
   “I-I thought we c-could d-do the walls and floor in white and t-two c-cribs, one in aqua and one in p-purple,” Byron ventured.
   “That would probably be a good idea. Then we could get started on our second child immediately.”
   “K-kory, I haven’t even g-given b-birth to the first one.” He protested.
    “Don’t you want a large family? I do. I want you to bear me lots of sons and daughters.”
   “W-why am I d-doing all the work? Y-you should have some t-too.”

No comments:

Post a Comment