Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Chapter 141

    Burke lay there on the bed. It was the only position he’d found that did not immediately result in vomiting. He’d been nauseous almost constantly since that night. In order to avoid dehydration, his captor had set up an IV for him. He was tucked into a luxurious bed instead of sleeping on a cold stone floor. A TV had been mounted on the wall and hooked up to a DVD player. A wide selection of movies, games and books had been provided for him. Anything he wanted, he had. The man was taking no chances of him losing the child growing inside Burke’s body.  He winced in pain as the child twisted around.
   “Good morning,” the man greeted him as he entered the room. “I see you haven’t touched your food.”
   “No. I’m not all that fond of reruns.”
   “I beg your pardon?”
   “You know food that repeats on you. It’s not all that great the first time around. I really don’t want to taste it again.”
   He shrugged and changed the IV bag. “I would offer medication if I could. But there is no way to know how the child would react to it.”
   “Why me?”
   “Normal humans generally do not survive the conception process. Those that have, die in the first trimester with the child. Signs indicated that one of vampire blood would be more likely survive the process long enough to bear a living a child.”
   “I hate you.”
   “Your feelings toward me or the child are irrelevant.”
   “What is so important about this child?”
   He laughed, “Do you really think I’d tell you that. I have read the list of things evil overlords should not do. Spilling one’s ultimate goal to a prisoner is a big no-no.”
   “What happens after?”
   “The odds of you actually surviving the birth are slim at best. If you survive, you won’t be given back to the demon. His kind only mates with virgins and you no longer qualify.”
   “You won’t…”
   “Rape you? No. I sacrificed my manhood to my power before you were born.”
   The man left the room and Burke was alone with his thoughts. His stomach lurched and he rolled over to retch feebly over a bucket.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment